Let’s be honest. The best thing about staying home from work or school amid the COVID-19 pandemic is the fact that we get to spend more time with our furry best friends.
Not only do they brighten up our day, but they also give us unconditional love during these “ruff” times. Now is the perfect time to take advantage of the extra time and establish a stronger bond with our pets. Here are five easy tips to keep our pets healthy and happy at home.
1. Grrr-ab a leash and go for a walk. As long as you maintain the CDC-recommended six feet of distance, you and your pup can go for a walk. This will help you both get some fresh air while enjoying the scenery outside.
2. Play games. This is the time to get creative and come up with fun games for your pets to enjoy at home. Classics like Tug of War or fetch are always a good idea, or you can create a DIY scavenger hunt and hide treats around the house. Foil balls or even empty toilet paper rolls can serve as new toys for all your pawsome pets who are ready to play!
3. Stock up on food and treats. We don’t encourage anyone to overbuy; however, it’s smart to ensure you have at least a couple of weeks’ worth of pet food, just in case. Keeping your pets well fed is important for their overall health, especially when you include their favorite treats.
4. Keep them groomed and cleaned. Although not all dogs or cats enjoy a grooming session, it’s still important to keep them brushed, bathed and cleaned during this time. Don’t be afraid to hand out extra treats during a grooming session to make it a positive experience for them.
5. Teach them new tricks. Old, young, no matter the age, pets enjoy learning new things. You can always improve their behavior or teach them an easy task to do at home. A quick training session (5-10 minutes) can also keep your pet mentally stimulated.
Continue to share your photos with us on social media, and let us know what you and your furry friends love to do at home!